A typical Web-based environment setup consists of components like the browser that displays the user interface, a web server to hold business logic and database server to serve data or business logic. It also communicates with external interface systems through asynchronous messaging queues, and an email server for notifications.
At Acuiti labs we perform testing techniques from following list on web application projects:
- Functionality testing: For functionality encapsulated in web forms.
- Usability testing: Construct end user test scenarios mimicking first time usage.
- Interface testing: Tests for information flow between different application tiers (web, application, database, third party etc).
- Database testing: Checks data integrity, consistency, concurrency, query response etc.
- Compatibility testing: Ensures application displays correct information across different devices & browsers with different OS & its versions.
- Security testing: Involves testing sensitive information secured by token-based restricted access, session management, SSL certificates.
- Performance testing: Helps to determine if the system meets the defined non-functional specifications. Profiling tools are used to evaluate key performance indicators such as memory, CPU utilisation and response time for various application components against a desired baseline.